The Līgo Haībun Challenge is hosted each week by Call 2 Read, The Why About This and Ye Pirate. The challenge has a prompt of a photo, a word or a phrase of which there are two of each, and you choose one. The Līgo Haībun is a story or prose with a haiku style finish. If you would like to take part, take a look at the links above for the full details, or click on the Links button below to see other versions. This week, the prompt is a choice of two photos. One is from Ye Pirate, with the other from Nightlake at Call 2 Read. I have chosen to use the flower from Nightlake as mine this week.
A Rose By Any Other Name …
Everything changed when I made one slight alteration to my life. Before the change, I walked from point A to point B. I found going out to be exceedingly boring. The world … a place of hustle, bustle, muscle and rustle. Walking to meet someone, talking, shopping, and walking home with very little in between made it a very tedious journey. In front of me was the path, the road, the cars. To the sides of me were walls, cars, houses. The only things you see are what your eyes see.
One change … one … little … change; and the whole world changed. Walking from point A to point B was no longer boring. It also was no longer a straightforward route. It was also a lot slower.
To the sides there are houses, and at the front of those houses are gardens. In the front of those gardens are bushes. In the bushes is a completely new world. In front of you, there are paths, and on the paths, there are plants. In the plants there are life forms creating everything anew, breathing life to all living beings. Above, there are clouds, and in the clouds, there is beauty. There are colours within colours; there are shapes within shapes. Just making this one alteration has changed my life completely.
with a new camera
a rose becomes more beautiful
and life starts anew
- Choices: A Haibun (comeonletsbepoetic.wordpress.com)
- Līgo Haībun Challenge (teawithapirate.wordpress.com)
- Ligo Haibun Challenge..illusion (highfiveandraspberries.wordpress.com)
- Eruption – Ligo Haibun Challenge (anelephantcant.me)
- Ligo Haibun Challenge: Apathy (readinpleasure.wordpress.com)
- First Kiss – Līgo Haibun Challenge (gabriellaswritingcorner.wordpress.com)
- Ligo Haibun Challenge – A Call to All Writers! (thewhyaboutthis.com)
- Līgo Haībun Challenge – Copper and Steel (kattermonran.com)
- Līgo Haībun Challenge (managuagunntoday.wordpress.com)