I saw these on Buzz Feed – here
26 moments that restored our faith in humanity this year
2. The terminally ill man who loves receiving mail… and got more than he ever expected
Scott Widak has Down syndrome and suffers from liver disease, and he loves receiving mail. His nephew Sean posted his P.O. Box on Reddit and the site’s users responded with hundreds of letters, packages, and gifts.
3. A kind stranger who stopped a day from being ruined
4. The doctor who offered free medical care after Hurricane Sandy
5. And the people that helped out any way that they could
6. The older couple who saw themselves in two young parents
7. This Libyan child who doesn’t believe in hate
8. The parents who tattooed insulin pumps on their bellies so their diabetic son wouldn’t feel “different”
9. The police officer who bought shoes for a barefoot homeless man
Jennifer Foster was visiting Times Square on Nov. 14 when she snapped the heartwarming moment. Here’s her account of what happened:
“Right when I was about to approach, one of your officers came up behind him. The officer said, ‘I have these size 12 boots for you, they are all-weather. Let’s put them on and take care of you.’ The officer squatted down on the ground and proceeded to put socks and the new boots on this man. The officer expected NOTHING in return and did not know I was watching*. I have been in law enforcement for 17 years. I was never so impressed in my life. I did not get the officer’s name. It is important, I think, for all of us to remember the real reason we are in this line of work. The reminder this officer gave to our profession in his presentation of human kindness has not been lost on myself or any of the Arizona law enforcement officials with whom this story has been shared.
10. And the police officers who made blind 13-year-old Gage Hancock-Stevens’ dream of being a cop come true
They even gave him a cake
11. The Michigan soccer team who gave their team manager with Downs syndrome an opportunity to start
Source: Courtney Sacco / via: annarbor.comSource: Courtney Sacco / via: annarbor.comSource: Courtney Sacco / via: annarbor.com
12. The Texas A&M students that blocked Westboro Baptist Church protesters with a human wall
When students heard that Westboro Baptist Church planned on protesting the funeral of a soldier, they formed a human barricade around the funeral service to block them out.
14. The woman who kept a homeless man dry during a downpour
15. The Disney security guard who is amazing at his job
16. The Icelandic heroes who rescued sheep during a major snowstorm
17. The quick-thinking little girl who saved her mom’s life by slapping her with a piece of pizza
19. The famous rugby player who visited his biggest fan in the hospital
20. The bros who worked together to save a cat
21. The community that came together to make Caine’s dream a reality
You can watch the full story here.
22. The football star who gives children in need a shopping spree each year
This is a receipt for $19,000 in toys.
23. The man who comforts the old dog that saved his life
When John Unger had suicidal thoughts after a breakup, it was his dog Shoep who brought him back from the brink. This photograph shows Unger cradling his friend in lake Superior to soothe the dog’s arthritis.
24. These candidates for parents of the year
25. The amazing couple who stuck together through unbelievable odds
26. And every single time anything like this happened.
There really is humanity in this world. As the year comes to a close, don’t just remember the bad times, remember the good as well. Don’t just remember the bad people, remember the good as well. Don’t just remember the bad decisions, remember the good as well. Don’t just remember the bad, revel in the good.
Have a good Christmas and a happy new year.